About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 20 March 2015

A funny book: Dear Beneficiary

Publisher: Those lovely people over at Cutting Edge Press

I'm going to start by telling you that I really needed this book. It was the right book at the right time. THANK YOU CEP!

Anyway on with the review....

Cynthia is a pensioner with balls and she is finally living the life she always should have. Cynthia is a babe and I imagine her to be like Nora from Brothers and Sisters in every single way! She is awesome. Trace is also an excellent character and is just a superb caricature. The relationship between these two is beautiful in a way, as well as being VERY funny.

The humour in the novel is just right for me and the style of writing is superb. If you don't love it from page one I will be VERY shocked indeed! 

This really is a modern day and raunchy comedy of errors. However, it also shows you some of the darker sides of Nigeria and shows the plight that many suffer in the country. But, I do believe that the darker and sad undertones give the novel a lot more depth and broaden its appeal maybe!

An excellent book once again from CEP!
Thank you!

Happy Reading

BG

P.S. I'm buggering off for a week on a work trip so may be quiet for a while. Try not to miss me!

No comments:

Post a Comment