About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Review: Flesh Coloured Dominoes

Publisher: Arcadia
 
So, from the very start, I'm going to tell you that I really don't think I got this book at all. I think it's gone way over my head. Either because something is lost in culture/translation or I really just don't understand it.
 
BUT, I can say a few things about the book.
 
I enjoyed the style a lot, it was very eloquently written and kept me engaged. The translation, at least when it came to the English language and syntax and all that did not falter once.
 
The alternate chapters of the Nazi/war section and the Olden time cut in half was very well contrasted and starkly placed. I did see the point/get the Nazi story line more than the cut in half story line....again i think I missed something.
 
So, overall, a book I think I would have enjoyed if I had have understood it!
 
 
Cheers

BG


No comments:

Post a Comment