About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 12 March 2018

Review: Kin

 
Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books
 
It's great to have Snorri Kristjansson back, I indeed enjoyed his Valhalla series which were of course fab action packed but sensitive Viking joys.
 
 
But SK is back in a very different way, he's got women in charge now and leading the way in these new books. Helga is  good lead character in some ways, but I didn't fall in love with her. But for sure SK adopts the female voice and PoV well indeed. The other strong women surrounding Helga also make this book awesome, especially her adopted mother.
 
The Viking family that we get to know, fear and become part of in this novel feels modern in a way. I'm not sure if this is intentional, buy I suppose a family is a family regardless of when the book is set and the world is placed. 

The baddies were the kind that you love to hate, or even hate to love and that was also cracking.

Overall, a good page turner with good depth of characters and family. I did indeed enjoy the read.

Happy Reading

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment