About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 31 October 2018

Review: Fourth Element Trilogy

Publisher: Acorn
 
 
Before I review, I'm sorry I'm not really keeping up with the reviewing lately, work is just so busy all the time...and my reviews keep falling to the bottom of my list...sorrrrry
 
Anyway, the fourth element trilogy
 
Well, I was prepared for it to be a trilogy so I went in pleased. I was going NUTS with things not being stand alone but only finding out when I got to the end of the book. BOOOO
 
 
I'm going to review all three in one and here goes.
 
The characters are varied, and vast, so you will need to refresh yourself I would imagine if you leave time between each book. There are baddies, BIG baddies, goodies, TOO good goodies and those guys inbetween. The relationships between these characters are also amazing and developed completely and complex, from love, friendship, confusion and hatred. The characters really blossom in themselves and their relationships as the three books develop.
 
Plot wise, it's pretty darn good. There is the main plot of sorting out just what's gone on in the past an dhow we clear up the lies and the what could be interpreted as slavery. But then there are the subplots of love and friendship, mini/minor quests and all that jazz. They interweave perfectly.
 
Style wise, I thoroughly enjoyed the variety of POVs/voices included in the books as we went along and the story and characters broadened. The continuously changing voices gave the book variety and excitement and things like that. YAY.
 
The only downside I see is at the end we are told there are more adventures for the characters.....why can't things really be just left alone?
 
HAppy Reading for these three though
 
BG

No comments:

Post a Comment