About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 3 May 2013

Review: Life After Life

Publisher: Little Brown
Price: £ 18.99

Just, absolutely bloody wow! I had no idea what at all exactly to expect from this book and I'm glad I didn't as it was truly wonderful! It's the story of Ursula and her almost butterfly effect life, a life that is magical and entertaining and glorious and sad and incredible all at the same time. The entire book keeps you going with a heightened sense of anticipation! It killed me every time! I wanted to pick the book up and keep reading constantly, however, I didn't want to stop reading as I knew the book would end.

The characters are wonderful. Sylvie is so much like Mummy Geek in many ways it's scary! She is cutting, blunt, sarcastic and to the point and her comments are always full of a dark humour. Something in Ursula made me think of me, but then again, maybe I just wanted to find something of me in such a wonderful character! Also, there was something of my bezzie in Pammy!

The style in which this book is written is absolutely glorious! It is one of the most beautifully and perfectly written books I have ever come across. The dark humour, the cutting remarks, the to the point and stark phrasings were spot on! It is as if this entire novel was written for me and my own personal enjoyment!

If there ever was a more perfect book for me then I would be shocked. There is everything you could want and more from a novel here and I suggest you all read it. I am defo going to go out exploring and find more of KA's stuff because if this is anything to go by, I will be over the moon!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment