About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 24 May 2013

Review: A Matt Helm Novel: The Removers

Publisher: Titan Books
Price: £ 7.99

This is the third Matt Helm novel I've read and reviewed, and I tell you what, I'm really getting stuck in to them and the world of Mr Helm! I'm growing to like Matt more and more and find him a very intriguing character and in some cases an anti hero. He's defo not what I first thought he was and he isn't developing in the way I expected. 

This is somewhat different to the last two as Matt meets his match in some respects, in fact in many. There is an enemy that has skills, there is a minor nemesis that has skills and the women that crop up FINALLY have some balls. Beth (the ex wife) even takes on a whole new skin and grows a pair which is good to see! Moira is a woman with balls to an extent and it's good to see that she stops the misogyny that Matt has adopted in the past! The Afghan hound is truly amazing and a lovely addition to the story!!!

The whole novel is once again an action packed page turner that keeps you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. It was also a really quick read, just like the last two, as you want to know what happens and can't stop reading. Again, it didn't feel dated despite its age and references to the war. It's rather impressive how DH has managed to write a series that feels timeless! I warn you though, there is a cliff hanger at the end...I can't wait for the next one to come through my letter box!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment