About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 10 February 2014

Review: Blood Fugue

Price: £ 8.99
Publisher: Proxima Books

Around this time last year I read Splinters by Mr JD'L and really really enjoyed it! I've now read another of his books but I'm afraid to say that I didn't totally get this one. I'm sorry!

Kerrigan lives in the woods, he was adopted, he has some kind of blood thing and can kick arse when it comes to the Fugues. In principal this book is right up my street but I'm afraid that there was just a certain something that kept holding me back.

I could see that this could be a great plot and a great concept but I just couldn't get in to it. I found some portions really really gratuitous and I didn't really find Kerrigan to be a very believable character for what went on around him. 

The Spanish family were possibly the best thing in it...but even then some of the tenuous links got on my nerves some what.

I don't know what it was exactly but this book didn't really do anything for me. I found myself picking it apart as I read it and I just couldn't get in to it. 

I really wanted to enjoy it and I'm really sorry that I just didn't get the right vibe. I'm looking forward to reading more from JD'L though as I really enjoyed Splinters!

SORRY!!

Book Geek
:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment