About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Review: Leading Man

Price: £ 7.99
Publishers: Phoenix Fiction

I fully admit that when I laid eyes on this book I judged it by its cover and thought...oh dear god! But, I actually rather enjoyed it.

Max is a US celeb journalist for a magazine and his life hasn't really worked out how he'd like it too. This is the story of him, written by him.

Max is a decent enough bloke, I kinda liked him. I liked the fictional celebs that were developed for the book, but I can't help but think that some of them were based on actual real people seeing as BS is an entertainment journo himself! It would be interesting to know how much is based on his real life experiences and real people.

I will admit that I wasn't totally gripped by this book. When I put it down, I was happy to leave it there and didn't ever think about getting back to it. But, when I did pick the book back up I enjoyed it none the less.

I'd like to hope that this book is a comment on fame and celebrity and people's perceptions of it and why it is around in the first place. Maybe I'm reading too much in to it, but you never know, I could be right on this occasion.

A light hearted read, with some undertones (I hope) that shouldn't be judged by its cover. Give it a shot if you fancy it. It's rather decent.

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment