About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 23 February 2015

A mystery or thriller: The Murder of Patience Brooke

Publisher: The Mystery Press


Patience Brooke is dead and Dickens and Jones are on the case!


Right then, there was one major thing about this book that I have to comment on that I didn't like and that was the fact that Charles Dickens was involved at all!!! It really seemed totally unnecessary to me! I mean, it would have made a really good story even without him being in it...and to be honest there is the possibility that this book would have been better without him 100% as it wouldn't have felt so bloody daft. That's my big sticking point..sorry! I will say however, that the author's knowledge of CD, his life and works is very impressive.

The child parts were incredibly disturbing and the singing was really creepy. The book really did push me over the edge on these two points....well done indeed! Sufficiently freaked out!

The ending of this book is very satisfying and I enjoyed the plot and what was happening.

I know this is a short review, and I'm sorry, I just couldn't get over the CD part and the fact that he was there. This would have been a cracking book without him!

Sorry!

BG
:-s

No comments:

Post a Comment