About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 26 February 2015

A non-fiction book: A Street Cat Named Bob

Publisher: Hodder

I've had this book on my shelf for a while now and not read it! I know, mental! But anyway, when I was looking for a non-fiction book for the challenge, there could only be one choice!!!!

It took me a while to get used to the style of this book as it felt a bit like a school essay but, once I got in to it I found it very honest and endearing and felt it must have been VERY cathartic for JB to write as a whole. A chance to release a load of emotions and tell a lot of stories of times that were obviously very difficult to deal with. It was also totally heart warming and as I spoke about it, Boy Geek couldn't stop reading it over my shoulder and also seemed to find it addictive and lovely!

I did feel anxious throughout a large portion of the read and I also felt really nervous when reading some of it and then so warm and fuzzy at others.

This book really does show you that there is more to the tale of these two than you think and that they are bonded for life!

Read it and love them!

Happy Reading

BG
:-D



No comments:

Post a Comment