About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 8 April 2015

A book you can read in a day: The Book of You

Publisher: Harper Collins

The first thing I have to say and the main thing about this book is OH MY GOD IT IS TERRIFYING!!!! The whole build up to reading this book was scary as the parcel it arrived in contained a black rose and creepy note card. Well done on that Headline.

In the book Clarissa is having some stalker issues and it's bloody mental. Rafe is horrendous. He is creepy and I'm sure people always worry about men like him appearing in their lives. Miss Norton is a total babe and I'm sure you will all fall in love with her! Clarissa was awesome too. Her diary/note passages were excellent and you really get a feel for her, her voice, her deep deep terror and her other forceful emotions.

The plot as a whole was great and it was brilliant that there really wasn't a good guy and there wasn't any real happiness, ever. Life is hard and a bitch and you have to make the best of everything and this book really does tell you that! Its a very real book that even though the events are to the extreme and the emotions and relationships are also extreme, the ending seems real and your emotions when reading are very real too! I also loved how the ending wasn't tied in a pretty neat bow for all to sit and be happy with, I am sick of books like that! I am also over joyed that it is a stand alone book...about time too!

To summmmmmmmm it up, this is one of the best psychological thrillers I have read in a while!

Happy Reading...or at least try to remain happy and not crap yourself!

BG
:-)

P.S. This is the book I read in a day as I read it when I was off work vomming for a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment