About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 14 May 2015

A book with a love triangle: The Thoughts & Happenings of Wilfred Price Purveyor of Superior Funerals

Publisher: Corsair

What the book is about, is well, basically what the title is. It's about a portion of Wilfred's life. 


I am going to prepare you, not a great deal really happens in this book, but it is rather pleasant to read. The style is enjoyable and being Welsh I enjoyed alllll the Welshisms. The humour in the book is also most definitely Welsh and I think it could be lost on those non-Welsh readers. 

This was a very different book than I expected as it is basically a love story. However, this didn't put me off until the very end which was a bit too neat for what the rest of the book promised. 

I am sure that there are many who will love this book 100% for all it's worth. I am in a 85% state of mind with this book due to the neat ending which wasn't really what was alluded too.

However, it was a pleasant read and I enjoyed the humour a lot.

Happy reading
BG

<;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment