About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 29 June 2015

A book with more than 500 pages: Knight's Shadow

Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books


If you haven't read Traitor's Blade then piss off, don't read this! Go read that book then come back as I really won't want to spoil anything for you at all!




Now on with the review...

I adore the humour in these books. I'd completely forgotten how funny they are as it's nearly 18 months since I read the last one. It's brilliant and I am so happy it's there! Brasti is a huge source of it and he is a real babe. I have a massive soft spot for him. 

Falcio brings the turmoil to the novel once more. He is twisted and tortured inside, but you have to love him. He does the job, he has his morals and he has loyalty. Kest is so real, his turmoil is real and he is a very touching character. It's great to have them back and to get to know them even better.

I loved the story, I loved the style, the book just kept on giving and never lets you down. It's a perfect fantasy story and I am SO excited to read the next one!!! There are good old fashioned swords and arrows, not too much magic and not too much weirdness, so it's awesome. However, don't forget that there is real heartache and anguish in this book, as there was in the first one. While it is often tough, it really brings the book a sense of heart and that is magic in its own way.

Happy reading

BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment