About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 1 August 2016

Review: Bill the Galactic Hero

Publisher: Gollancz
 
I'm really not sure if I am either really stupid and completely missed the point of this book, or there wasn't a point and I'm trying to search for something. This book has bamboozled and confounded me in many ways!
 
So, what my review is really going to boil down to is, 'is this book an intelligent comedy/parody style novel like something the Pythons or Douglas Adams would wright. OR is it just a pile of fluff about nothing?' I HAVE NO IDEA.
 
 
I can see that there could be some meat to this book - there could be comments on the futility of life and how we all really have no choice and are controlled by things such as government, media and money. But then again, this could just be a space novel for pure entertainment.
 
What I can say is that I'm not sure why it was 3 books when it just continued on with the story, I didn't really like the style of writing sometimes as sentence structure read awkwardly...but I did like the humorous moments and I did like the end.
 
Hmm
 
Book Geek
:-s

No comments:

Post a Comment