About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 12 September 2017

Review: The Tournament Series: Blue Fall

Self published
 
 
This book was highlighted to me as free on the Book Bub newsletter, well the whole first three were and I figured, hmmm sounds a bit realms of The Hunger Games but why not. And tbh I'm really glad I downloaded this on my kindle and I can't wait to read the next ones.
 
I was enthralled from the word go I love the concept of elite betting on teams around the globe battling the shit out of each other. Even if I can see the slight rip of a Hunger Games/Battle Royale kinda thing. It's more the latter tbh, but there is the new edge to it and that's awesome.
 
The book was clearly centric on just a few select teams, but who cares, it got me hooked.
 
The Youngsmith sub-plot didn't really grab me but obviously is a plot device that was warranted and we'll see what comes if that moving in to the next one.
 
It's a brutal book in some ways but it seems fair tbh and it's also passionate and raw which I thoroughly enjoyed.
 
Seriously can't wait to read more!

BG


No comments:

Post a Comment