About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 25 June 2018

Review: My Absolute Darling

Publisher: Fourth Estate
 
 
This book was given to me by a friend as a present at my Hen Do...but have only just got round to reading it.....
 
I can safely say I was not prepared for this book, I should have taken more notice of the blurb. I don't want to say too much about what I wasn't prepared for as it'll give things away. But the level of abuse in this book is brutal if you are not expecting it.
 
The novel is well written and also the relationships particularly between Turtle and her father, Turtle and her peers, and Turtle and her teachers are thoroughly interesting to read about and watch develop.
 
It's also very interesting that a man is providing you with a convincing story, narrative and emotional analysis of a teenage girl's life, emotions, experiences. This is very well done indeed.
 
But, what I think let the book down was the almost ending. I found a bit too much to cope with and a bit over the top. It almost didn't fit with the subtly and muted bubbling of the rest/previous part of the novel.

Short but, here it is

Cheers

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment