About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 23 May 2012

Review: Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops


Hardback: £ 7.99
Publisher: Constable

Hee heee heee heeeeeee heee heee heee! 
I don't think I've reviewed a coffee table type book before so here is my best shot.
Hee heee heee heee hee heee!

I have been dipping in and out of this all week and it has sent me hurtling through a vast range of emotions. I've laughed (hee hee), been worried (oh no), got a bit angry (grrr) to name just three. Some of the quotations are completely hysterical and totally bizarre and off the wall you wonder how such people can exist! Some are so terribly worrying that I fear for the future of humanity all over the world. There are proper cretins in this world, sexist people, homophobic people....idiots too! But over and above all, this is a funny funny book!

The Ripping Yarns and Edinburgh Bookshop people are fantastically sarcastic. Their responses to some of the ridiculous customer queries are brilliant. I even read a few out loud to the assistant (he doesn't believe people actually said such things, he has too much confidence in society I think). 

I think the one I laughed at the most was this:

PARENT: (to a child who is misbehaving) THERE SHOULD BE NO YELLING UNLESS SOMEONE IS ON FIRE!
CHILD: (firing back immediately) What is a weasel was robbing the store?
PARENT: (long pause....with the flickering of a smile) I don't know....is he armed?

(I think that being my favourite one may say a lot about how my mind works).

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment