About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Review: Dead Image

Publisher: The Mystery Press
Price: £ 7.99

Based on a real explosion in 1874, Best must don his Sergeant roll and deal with the fall out. People are dead and there is much to be worked out.

It is most clear that JL has done a lot of research to know exactly what happened surrounding the explosion and in order to write in the style of a victorian novelist. And she writes in this style well, very well indeed! The tone, style and content is most convincing and indeed well done!

I found the characters, apart from Smith, dire. I hated them all to be honest, even Best was a bit of a pain in the arse to me even though he is the main man!! Smith was glorious though and so so lovely and normal and excited and ambitious and awwwwww.

I think I would have gained more from this book if I had read more of the Best series. However, the story itself is easy to follow and a good read indeed. It is interesting and takes many turns and the volume of characters for such a shot book is very impressive as none of them seem superfluous.

If you are a fan of historical fiction and crime fiction then pick this book up. You'll enjoy it I am sure!


Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment