About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 9 September 2013

Review: Finches of Mars

Publisher: The Friday Project
Price: £ 14.99 (hardback)

We are on mars in a colony of earth people. It's a weird set up and we are struggling to reproduce. On earth, things are all going rather tits up.

There is defo something of the Brave New World to this book and that's fine by me as BNW is one of my favourite books. FoM is wonderfully intelligent yet not out of grasp. Politics, love, religion and evolution are all debated and all are examined but not in the convoluted, pretentious way that was possible and I have to say somewhat expected.

The story is shocking and interesting and startling and defo fits wonderfully in to the genre of sci-fi. There was something of the old school about it, it wasn't too techno or action filled. It was what good old sci-fi novels used to be like and for that I am truly happy. There is a wonderful mix of characters and some glorious personalities are in play, even if they aren't all that clear at first.

A book that I am sure will surprise and delight sci-fi fans. It wasn't what I expected and it will indeed stick with me for a while. 

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

P.S. a short one I know but it's a pretty short read!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment