About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 22 January 2014

Review: Sacrifice

Publisher: Quercus
Price: £ 7.99

We're back in the realms of hostage negotiation with Ed...ahhh the lovely Ed. He starts off having a really bad day but it gets so much worse.

The story is more evolved and detailed than Baptism...but don't get me wrong Baptism was good, but this has a little something else. The story has more characters and layers and ideas and twists and turns in the plot and doesn't start out in the way you think it will.

The whole thing is very real feeling, just as Baptism was and I think that's due to the fact that MK is a screenwriter so knows how to get the most out of dialogue and language and description.

The look at cyber terrorism more than physical terrorism was great, making these books very modern and up to date and current. The different POVs for chapters and the story being in real time once more gave it that sense of urgency that I loved about Baptism.

The bad guys are bad, the good guys are defo good and the book keeps you going from one page to the next.

I'm not 100% sure I'm happy with the ending as I'm not sure if this is all that will happen with this plot and set of characters or if they will return for Ed to combat another day. Part of me wants to know if this is the end of this portion or not! HELP!

Nonetheless, another excellent, gripping story with a gorgeous main character. Written with feeling and emotion and passion!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
B-)

No comments:

Post a Comment