About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 6 January 2014

The Harry Potter Challenge: The Half Blood Prince

Sorry it's been a while since you've had a challenge instalment! The Assistant had my kindle due to her thumb chopping off incident. But, I had it back over Christmas and on Saturday before I went to the pub I finished Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince.

Right....this one was long....way too long! Not enough happened to fill what felt like millions of pages. It was so so slow moving and it wasn't even the big battle of Hogwarts at the end as I was expecting.

Boy Geek found it hysterical when I explained where I was on Friday night as I was so angry that I referred to the Horcruxs as 'bits that need to be found that I just don't care about.'

The love aspects really got on my tits. I just don't care, I really don't care at all! It felt so trivial and childish when you compared it to the doom and darkness of the surrounding events that could have been so so much more exciting!

Also, it wasn't as darkly written as The Order of The Phoenix so I think the shit author is back again, or maybe JK wasn't taking her meds, or maybe she was and became placid and boring.

I really don't think these books are for me at all. I'll read the Deathly Hallows as it's the last one and it would be silly not to but I'm not going to read it yet as I don't want to loose the will to live any more than I have over the last few days.

Anyway, onwards and upwards

Book Geek

P.S. I WANT A PYGMY PUFF!!

No comments:

Post a Comment