About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 17 January 2014

Review: Your Brother's Blood

Price: £ 14.99 (hardback)
Publisher: Jo Fletcher Books

Well bugger me, what a spiffingly surprisingly good read. I am most delighted indeed that I managed to save it from the big leak! YAY!

So, Thomas has woken up, and he's in no way what he used to be, a normal human. Whilst, back in his home town they are all plotting and being indoctrinated (I think anyway). It's all about to get a bit crazy!

Great look at how a religion and a few individuals can control people and warp their minds. But also a great The Walking Dead twist. BUT it isn't in the modern day, I don't think. Is it in the future (as the extracts from speeches imply), a dystopian future at that, or is it in the past, in the times of the American civil war? Is in America for that matter? Or are they in a fictional land? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS MR T!!! SO MANY!!!! And I couldn't help but read the speech portions with a southern American lilt. 

When it comes to the characters, I really loved Thomas, Caleb, Sarah, Rachel and Nathaniel. I really hated Luke, I REALLY hated him. He is a hideous human, but is he just a product of the weird religion in the town? Again, so many questions and thoughts in my head! 

A really great read indeed. I was hooked from the beginning and found myself being able to vividly picture the scenes and people in my head due to the almost normality of the surroundings and the great descriptions. I got really attached to the characters and I loved that also. This book does kind of conclude this portion of the story and could almost be stand alone, however, I have so many sodding questions that I NEED more! Also, you can find Mr T on twitter at @D_Towsey and he is most lovely indeed.

Happy Reading

Book Geek

8-)

No comments:

Post a Comment