About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Review: Twin Truths

Publisher: Cutting Edge Press
Price: £ 8.99

This is my fourth Chapter 5 Summer Read as I believe it is a Hidden Gem. I class it as this as CEP are a small indie publishers and need more people to discover them!! IMMEDIATELY!

I'm a bit scared about writing this review as I don't want to give anything away. I don't want to ruin a thing for anyone who is going to read this truly amazing book.

I started reading it on the train to London on Friday night, I read it alllll Saturday afternoon once I had finished cleaning the bathroom and the kitchen and read the last 5 pages on Sunday morning. And what I want to say is WOW!!

This was not the book I was expecting. From the blurb I was expecting it to be a bit soppy and nostalgic and girly and angsty....really, what was I thinking? Had I forgotten that CEP are the publishers?? APPARENTLY I HAD!!!

Jenny is living the vicarious life in South America and is taking each day as it comes. Playing people and working on what she needs to do now that her twin is gone. Then we move to looking at Jenny and Pippa's life as children. It was a traumatic time, in many ways and it's no wonder that they took such different paths. Then we move forward to Greece where some more soul searching happens, then to the UK and back to where it all began. It's a real journey for all!

The characters are fab. I love them all in very different ways! I want to say Nick (sorry, the book is at boy geek's so I can't look up the right name) was a particular favourite of mine. I loved his laddish carefree life! Also Ignacio grew on me indeed! He is just a lovely lovely man. When it comes to Jenny and Pippe I am torn...I don't know who I would choose to be if I could. I would maybe take qualities of them both.

This is a book of psychology, a book of loss, love and longing. It's amazing. It takes you places you never thought you would go and really takes the route you didn't see coming right up to the very last page when SR basically throws you off a cliff. Oh, and the relationships between the characters and especially Jenny and Pippa and those around them are beautifully crafted and explored. 

I will now say no more as I really don't want to ruin this true gem of a book for anyone!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment