About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 8 September 2014

Review: Insurgent

Price: £ 7.99
Publisher: Harper Collins

So then, we are back, pretty much immediately after the end of Divergent! And don't we just hit the ground running.

This book has even more to offer than the first one and all I could think about this weekend when I wasn't reading it was when I would get to read it next. The politics really kicks off as does the test of character, the test of characters, the test of friendships and the test of relationships. The underhand tactics, the continuing plot twists. WAHHHH!

However, once again, I'm not a massive fan of the levels of relationship dependence with hints of violence and the levels of such brutal battle violence in a book that is purported to be YA. I really, don't think 11 year olds should be reading this, and even though its 13+ as a recommendation on the book, it really should be older.

But, I didn't let that stop me enjoying it, not a jot. Tris is super coming in to her own and I'm starting to love her a lot. Her personal battles and her balls are fab and for me, pretty much make the book. I'm having a bit of a marmite relationship with Four. He is fab one minute and the next I want to yell at him and punch him in the face with something really sharp round my fist (think I'm becoming a bit Dauntless). 

I really cannot wait to read Allegiant and find out exactly what is really going on, the cliffhanger at the end of this book was immense!

Defo a book for fans of YA and do keep going with this trilogy if you have read Divergent. If you haven't read any then pick them up immediately. Again, I know it's controversial, but I do think I am enjoying these more than the Hunger Games trilogy!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-P



No comments:

Post a Comment