Forgive me all of you for this review!
I began this book in May 2014, yes MAY! I was away for the weekend with the boy and his fam and I was most looking forward to this book as I love a bit of Scifi and I do love an old classic being brought back to life. BUT OH DEAR GOD!!!
I just couldn't get to grips with this book and I finally finished it on 16 November (Yes I'm still behind on reviews). So, it took me 26 weeks to read and here is why.
1. I kept falling asleep when reading it.
2. Yama is not engaging or likeable.
3. Noting of any uniqueness in this for me really.
4. The old worlds meets machines was way too wishy washy a plot and needed more context.
5. The whole book needed more context so I got fed up every few pages through lack of depth.
6. Did not like the writing style.
So, I finished it, all 270 odd page and I think it's safe to say I will not be reading the other parts.