About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 18 December 2014

Review: Crossword Ends in Violence (5)

Publisher: PIQWIQ

Right then, we are with Fellowes who has had a death in the family and his business is going tits, but there is a family mystery to solve!

I wasn't and am still not 100% sure how I feel about this book. I mean, well...even after pondering it I'm not sure what I make of it. All the humour felt a bit too Dad's Army for me to fully embrace it, but the plot was super gripping and rather interesting and it's not even if this book was one of your typical holiday page turners. 

I preferred the portions in the past in the present...except for the Robot Wars bit, Bloody Love a bit of Robot Wars! Also, I really missed Fellowes after he disappeared close to the beginning, I thought he was a really nice character and I liked him.

Overall, (yes I know this is a short review for a novel but I really, as I said above, don't know what I feel or what to make of it) I see this book as a dark and slightly mental comedy of errors. It's a surprising read that I know won't be for everyone but I am glad I gave it a shot.

Happy Reading

BG
*<:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment