About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 16 January 2015

Review: Everything I Never Told You - 2014 backlog

Publishers: Blackfriars

Lydia has died and the family isn't taking it very well. We live their life and hers in painful detail.

When I knew I was getting this book I felt pretty excited and was really looking forward to reading it. I'm not 100% sure why but it just seemed to call to me to be read....that very rarely happens..it's odd!

The whole book is full of very resentful, upset and bitter people and they are like this for more than just Lydia's death. It's a real emotional slog so be warned. It's all about relationships and loss and differences which again, are all very different for all of the characters!

I think the book would be very difficult for a parent to read and I think as I am not a parent or a minority, It didn't hit me as hard as it could have and that is a really worrying thought as it's a pretty harrowing read. 

There is great skill in this book and it's written very well. The characters are also constructed well. It really draws you in and you get to know the people very well, despite it being such a short read.

Not one to read when feeling blue, but defo one to read to appreciate such literary skill.

Happy Reading

BG
:-)

P.S. I'm off on holiday tomorrow so probs won't blog till round 26th Jan...just to keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment