About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Review: The Weightless World

Publisher: Galley Beggar Press

The instant I read the blurb for this book, I wanted to dive right in. The blurb was perfect! 

I may gush about this book, and I'm sorry in advance. I just thought it was brilliant and particularly so after a bit of a run of hit and miss books.

The characters were flawless...well flawlessly created, they had many of their own flaws. Ess, I kept imagining looking like my publisher but I could never work out if he was a huge fantasist or just someone on the cusp of a melt down. I kept thinking that Alison looked like me. I liked her more as the book went on. Steven, well, I just wanted him to be ok in the end. I became very attached to him as the writing style really made you empathise with him and get completely sucked in to all he was feeling and going through. Harry was a knob.



As I alluded to above, the writing style sucked you in. The emotions enveloped you and it was so personal. It made me feel that AT knows his characters very very well. There were however laugh out loud moments which were not originally expected and I really enjoyed them as they were defo my type of humour. 

Over all this was a heart breaking and heart warming book all at once. You feel pretty knackered after reading it and it gave me one hell of a book hangover. Fab read!

Happy Reading

BG

:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment