About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 15 February 2016

Review: Stoner

Publisher: Vintage
 
I am not reviewing in order of reading it seems, I'm kinda picking and choosing which reviews I fancy writing, hope that's ok with you guys.
 
I read Stoner after a run of Thrillers and it was a LOVELY change of pace. The book doesn't seem to have a lot going on. You are just following the life of William, but I got so involved and immersed in his life that I could not put the book down when I was not reading it and couldn't wait to pick it up!
 
I really cared about W when reading this book and I wanted him to be happy. Not only that, but I was always on his side, regardless of anything else. He can treat people badly, have questionable morals etc but I just wanted him to have something in life that made him happy. I constantly wanted his mediocre life and existence to improve. Williams really makes you care about W and I think that shows how excellent an author he is!!
 
I did not have a bore moment reading Stoner, I never expected it to be as gorgeous a book as it was (despite many a person telling me it is super). I'm keeping this short as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. But do read this. I think you'll love it!
 
Happy Reading
 
BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment