About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 2 February 2016

A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit: Butterfly Skin

 
Publisher: Titan Books
 
So, I really want to visit Russia. I have no desperate burning need to become Russian or visit there at the drop of a hat, but it's always interested me and if I had the option to go I would. I want to see if it really is like how people describe. I want to know how bloody freezing it is and I want to know if people just live on vodka and potatoes! AND I want to see the architecture! 

Now the book...
I enjoyed how it flicked between the killer and the main protagonist, they were also both as creepy as fuck! They mirrored each other in many ways and really were both as disturbed, or at least seemed to be in some ways. It was rather good a you had no idea who you should be routing for!

I couldn't help but think when reading this, are all people this dark and twisted in real life? Are all people really like this deep down? I mean, don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a bit of deviancy, but, some things are too much. Some things go too deep and are based on bad things. Yet, despite the book making me feel so full of panic and worry, I couldn't stop turning the pages.

A hard core book that isn't for the feint hearted, easily disturbed or easily offended. A thriller that really is in a category of its own.

Happy Reading

BG
:-S

P.S. Do Russian's really use the word/have the word Bint???

No comments:

Post a Comment