About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 17 December 2012

Review: The Quaint Christmas

Publisher: The Friday Project
Price: Free ebook...ATM anyway

Ahhh, it seems I have read another little festive shortie, and as I always do, here is my quick little sharing review. The lovely people of The Friday Project highlighted the freeness of this via twitter and as I loved Mr Craske's ebook Above His Station I thought why the hell not!

You can see in some ways that this was written by DC as there is the same tongue in cheek aura around  the story. Also, the characters and total caricature and I do love a good caricature! There was the feeling of a Dicken's stylee Chrismas in this shortie once more...I can't seem to get away from that world ATM and I am certainly not complaining. The story felt old, however, there were a few elements of the modern world apparent on the odd occasion and there were a few moments of contemporary language. However, I didn't mind that at all..it worked!

There was a lot of humour and I loved its subtlety as much as the not so subtle moments. A particular comedy highlight was the staring moment! That was totally superb! There was an element of the Sherlock Holmes around Quaint which I liked too as you may well know from previous posts that I do love Mr Holmes!

At the end you feel all warm and fuzzy so this is defo a nice quick Christmas read...specially as it is free!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-p

No comments:

Post a Comment