About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Sunday 16 December 2012

Review: A Treacherous Likeness

Publisher: Corsair
Price: I am unsure I am afraid as it isn't on my bound copy

First thing's first....you need to watch this if you don't know a great deal about the Shelleys http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isjSHdsIGf4 It helped me a great deal and enhanced my enjoyment of yet again another great book from this very talented lady!

I read Tom-All-Alone's earlier in the year and thoroughly enjoyed it all and I am thrilled that the world is back! We are back in the Dickensian-esque world of Charles Maddox! YAY! There are a few recap bits but you will be delighted to hear that they are subtle! YAY!

The changes in voice for letters etc were wonderful! The great uncle Maddox writings were amazing! The tone was so blunt and to the point but slightly amusing. The flash back was great also. It made me fall in love with old Maddox...as well of course Charles....yes, yes I am still in love with him! The subtle author voice that popped in every now and again was delightful...completely wonderful. It adds humour and brings you back from the novel and reminds you that you are separate from it, I actually enjoy that in LS's books...which is unusual for me!

The plot was dark and twisty and tragic and compelling and gripping and amazingly enjoyable! I knew bugger all bout the Shelley's and I'm not an expert now but they seem mighty interesting. It is clear from the whole thing that LS has done, once again, epic amounts of research! I would recommend reading Tom's first, then this as you will loose a certain something. But, read both of these! READ THEM!!

OOO, Also, that was a Christmas bit! YAY!!!! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

HAPPPPPPPY READING!

Book Geek
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment