About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Review: Winter Warmers

Publisher: Little, Brown Book Group
Price: Free ebook- THANK GOD I DIDN'T PAY A PENNY

First of all, sorry to the people of Little, Brown who are lovely and sorry Carole Matthews. I am afraid that these really were not for me at all!!! I don't mean to offend and I am sorry, but as you know, I am always honest in my reviews...brutally sometimes.

This is a collection of 'heart warming' Christmas stories, and as I am NOT a chick lit fan...I hated them and I am delighted they were short....VERY SHORT.

All I Want For Christmas Is You
The only bit of glimmer I saw in this story was that the girls in it worked in publishing. Not my realm of publishing but publishing none the less...this hope did not last long! It was so predictable and naff that this story fell in to the realms of tedium and made me think, WHO ACTUALLY READS THESE AND HAS NO IDEA WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN???

Cold Turkey
This story made me immediately think (as if followed the first one) where the hell are people's families in these wretched stories. Again it was annoying to see what saps people can be. I admit I can be one sometimes, but seriously, do we need to read about how we can all be complete idiots? The cliched thing happened again! I found myself wishing that the bloke would chop her head off and replace it with the Christmas turkey just so something interesting would happen. Basically this was another cheesey crock!

About Gardening
Finally, I saw something to get my teeth in to here...I embraced the narrators bitterness....however this was VERY short lived as it ended with happiness and flowers and cheese! (Sorry if that was a spoiler, but really...if you couldn't work that out from the beginning then what is wrong with you???).

Anyway, once again, sorry about the negativity surrounding this collection. Many people do enjoy chick lit and all it apparently has to offer but I really am not one of them!

Happy Reading (if you must)

Book Geek
:-s

No comments:

Post a Comment