About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 14 November 2013

Review: Beauty

Publisher: Gollancz
Price: £ 9.99 (hardback)

Well, well well. I really enjoyed Poison so I was delighted to find this in my letterbox! This is actually possibly better!!!!

The plot is of 'Sleeping Beauty' but with many a twist and a turn. More happens than you ever thought possible in a fairytale and the inclusion of others were brilliant. So subtle in some cases but so wonderfully in your face in others! TBH, I feel like Beauty had more of a fairytale feel to it than Poison. 

Petra ruled, Toby ruled, the Huntsman is a fantastic bit of rough. The characters are, on the whole, brilliant. They are as fairytale characters should be. Having fairytale adventures and emotions all round. Oh, and I was glad to see that the prince was a total weed. I really hate it when princes are the dog's!

I want to go to one of the parties in the 'other' ballroom. These parties are where SP really makes this story her own and dominates it!! The parties sound so immense and I want to be involved in the disgusting opulence. 

I can't leave this review without commenting on the illustrations and cover. Once again, AMAZING. The book looks incredible and has such a magic about it. The illustrations are amazing also and really do fit in and are very creepy in a way.

Not for kids and not for those who want to keep hold of the magic of fairytales but pah, forget about that and get involved with this book. It is glorious!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-D

No comments:

Post a Comment