About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Review: Ecko Burning

Price: £ 7.99
Publisher: Titan Books


If you haven't read Ecko Rising then you MUST before you read this otherwise there will be no sense whatsoever...There's your warning now GO!!!

So, we are back in the crazy world that Ecko has found himself in with all the awesome fantasy people that don't make sense to sci-fi world Ecko. And I tell you what it's all gone to shit and he is seriously pissed off about, well everything.

There isn't as much Ecko as in the first book and I'm glad about this as I really don't like him. There isn't as much bard which is sad too, I'd like to have seen a bit more of what happens to him. However there is plenty of the babe that is Triq and Mael is now my new favourite. I actually love him!!! YAY!!! Redlock still has a place though, don't you worry I haven't forgotten about him.

If you thought the first book was crazy then you ain't seen nothing yet. You flick between characters and plot things at the absolute speed of light and once again, I had a few moments when I didn't exactly know what was going on but that didn't matter as it alllll ruled in the end.

I wish I had read the first book again as there were a few bits I think would have made more sense if it was fresh in my mind, but none the less Ms W is a truly great mash up author and I love the cut and shut of these books. The ending however, has once again left me gagging! BOOOO!!!!!

Happy Reading!
Book Geek
:-P

No comments:

Post a Comment