About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 22 November 2013

Review: The Telling Room

Publisher: Random  House
Price: Not sure - ebook

Oh my dear god!!!! It took me months, yes MONTHS to finish this book. I am not going to beat about the bush, I HATE IT!!!

What a pile of self indulgent drivel written in a horribly tedious tone and god is the topic boring.

The text on the cover offers so much!!! You think vengeance, hatred, death and a bit of comedy when it comes to a good bit of cheese. But no, you are basically reading a book about how some cheese was made and how the business model pissed someone off and how the author became obsessed in a weird way with it all. 

I'm sorry, I had such high hopes for this book, I read it to the end with the hope that it would get better, but no. I've lost that part of my life and I will never have it back. The people in the book were even detestible. I couldn't find a character I liked!

I'm sorry, I just hated this book. I've complained so much in real life about it to friends, the boy and colleagues. The worst thing I've ever read!

Book Geek
:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment