About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 15 February 2013

WOC's book

If you follow me on twitter you may have noticed that I have read Wedding Obsessed Colleague's book. I am now in a state of dilemma. It isn't an actual book you can buy but, if one day it gets somewhere I want you all to buy it and maybe, if I make a hoop ha about it, when publishers receive it, they may remember coming across a review of it and think, ooooooooo, people like it already, let's consider it (not that I actually have any influence at all...but I like to dream).

So, for now I'm going to give a basic wow it is amazing review and tell you a tad about it. Then one day, I may be able to reveal it in all its glory.

The book is a YA epic sent in a land shrouded in dystopia! It's set in a future UK that has been divided and fallen to rack and ruin. You see the whole book through the eyes of the main female character and follow the journey she takes with her male companion.

It may be a bit toooooo adult for those under the age of around 15 as it deals with assault, abuse, sex and politics. There is angst and pain and action and you become totally absorbed in the whole thing.

WOC has written a book before and I wasn't overly enamoured with the plot idea so never read it. This book is a whole other kettle of fish. It is fantastic, nothing like I expected and I am now going to bully her to write the next instalment.

Publishers, if you are sent a dystopian novel manuscript that sounds like this, contact me and I will confirm! You will be fools not to unleash this cracker to the world!!

Weird post now over!

Thanks!

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment