About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Tuesday 8 December 2015

A Pulitzer prize winning book: The Road

World Book Night
 
The Road won the Pulitzer Prize in 2007!
 
The book is weirdly disjointed but it keeps you as on edge as the man and boy most likely are! You end up feeling rather connected to them because of this and as if you are on the journey with them.
 
 
It's strange how heart warming yet at the same time heart wrenching I found this book. I went through a rollercoaster of emotions from cover to cover!
 
However, I always wanted to know more. How the world came to be as it is in the book? What exactly is happening in the world? What is the hierarchy? Why are some people to be avoided and others not? Why did some people survive and others not? The questions are everywhere!! But even though I didn't get answers I weirdly wasn't disappointed...hmmmmm.
 
Basically it seems to be above love and relationships, trust and bastardlyness, the good and pure and the evil.
 
 
This is very much a lingering book and I will continue to recommend it to people for many moons.
 
 
Please read this!
 
BG


No comments:

Post a Comment