About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Review: The Summer of Kim Novak

Publisher: World Editions
 
I apologise in advance for the short review. I'm still trying to play catch up with myself and working off notes!! Thanks for your patience with this LONG process!
 
 
This book is another triumph from World Editions!
 
The book is very funny, but in a dark way and I think the style is brilliant. I was totally in love with how the book was written, despite reservations about how much I would enjoy it from the blurb.
 
I thoroughly enjoyed the characters, they were very blunt and to the point in their actions and speaking, very much like the plot in some ways. I hope it's HN showing some of himself (I'm not sure with Scandi names) in the novel! I would love a chat with him if so!
 
There were on occasion however, some things that I thought got lost in translation, maybe as I'm not Scandi, I didn't get a few points, but that didn't hinder my enjoyment.
 
The book left me with doubt which was brilliant. I was satisfied with that, and sometimes I can be annoyed with lingering endings, but it really does suit this read! But, it also left me feeling really sad about relationships and how despite the nature of them they can dwindle!
 
Overall a cracking read I'd recommend to many.
 
Happy Reading
 
BG
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment