About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 17 March 2017

Review: Snake Eyes

Publisher: Crossroad Press and Bad Moon Books
 
This book was in fact two stories in one - which I had totally forgotten about YAY!
 
 
Snake Eyes
It was a really intriguing read. It was unnerving but entertaining and enjoyable at the same time to try and work out what was 'real' and what was not, I was even doing this up until the end. And if I am totally honest, even now I'm not 100pc sure what I think was the 'real' place and person of being.
 
But the story did make me feel a bit sad too with feelings of escapism being wanted and the escapism is wanted because anything would be better than leading the life you live.
 
This story was both kick ass and sad all at the same time. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
 
A trespasser in long lifting

I couldn't help but find this story a bit more light hearted and jovial after Snake Eyes. The amusement was great and DD was a fantastic character. But I do have to say that the end of this story as pretty deep after the fun stuff.

I think that the contract of the two stories was spot on, they both offered something that could be thoroughly enjoyed and embraced. And at the same time they showed off JD'L's skill as a writer as they were VERY different in tone and style.

The only thing I wish for these stories is that they were better subbed - I offer my services ;-)

Enjoy

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment