About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 26 February 2018

Review: A Perfect Grave

Publisher: Carrick
 
A murder-y, thriller-y book about nuns....sign me up and why the hell not, as it is a new one on  me.
 
 
What I think I enjoyed most about this novel is that I didn't see the whodunit at all. I am usually pretty good at guessing whodunit in thriller/murder novels as I've read a fair few in my time. But this one kept me on my toes and kept me guessing and I had absolutely no idea who was it. That made me VERY satisfied with this read.
 
I really liked main character Jason and even though I haven't read any of the other books he is involved in, that didn't hinder my enjoyment of it or of him as a character. He still had depth and layers and personality etc.
 
 
The one criticism of this book I have is that I thought the conclusion was a tad rushed. There was so much build up and rich context that the finale seemed a bit of an afterthought and a bit sort of churned out.
 
But overall, I did indeed enjoy this book and it was a surprise how much so.
 
Cheers

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment