About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 20 April 2018

Jeckyll and Hyde


So, when I read classics these days I don't tend to write about them, but I feel like writing a line or two on Jeckyll and Hyde!

Of course I've seen umpteen adaptations on TV, film, stage of this tale and therefore had a certain imagine and story in my head of the Jeckyll and Hyde narrative. MAN I WAS WRONG.

I imagine that it must have been a horrific, and terrifying and unimaginable sort of horror story when it was written. And it must have been gripping and a real page turner.

When I read it, I just really thoroughly enjoyed how unexpected the narrative and unveiling of the Jekyll and Hyde was created and constructed and presented. I also like the change in voices in the tale telling and the language with which the story is created. It really is far more accessible than I was expecting.

In essence, really enjoyed the story more than I expected

Boom

BG :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment