About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 6 July 2018

Review: Forever on Thursdays

Publisher: City Fiction
 
 
So this is the third one I've in the Novella Nostalgia series and I have to say I like this one, and I'm glad we are back to the depth of character that we saw in The Man Who Hated.
 
We get to know the characters in the main plot, and even the subplots a lot more, get to know their backgrounds, their lives, understand them and what's going on with them and I think regardless of length of book or novella that's important.
 
I also indeed like the fact that even though this is a novella, with Neil and Jonathan we do indeed get a few hints of subplots and that's cracking.
 
I do think that there is a bit more cheese than I would generally tend to like in a book in this read, but I imagine the film Brief Encounter upon which this is based has buckets of the stuff, so for that I forgive.
 
Also, I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed the email elements of this book. It was a really interesting and intriguing aspect that kept me guessing, the whys and the point?
 
 
Have a read
 
BG
 
P.S. I'm writing this from some notes I made in May - so very sorry it's a bit shit

No comments:

Post a Comment