About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 21 September 2018

Review: The things we learn when we're dead

Publisher: Accent Press
 
When I came across this book I was really very intrigued, and now, to be honest, I feel a little let down. And I'm not 100pc sure what I think about it.
 
 
Lorna has died and has gone to heaven and things are not completely as they seem. God is strange, Irene is unusual. And whilst we navigate heaven and death with Lorna we also see her past life, we see things that shaped her.
 
 
So, that's the general idea of it, and it had a lot of promise, but I don't quite think the book got to where it was maybe intended to by the author. It seems like it didn't quite achieve everything it wanted to.
 
I think it lacked some umph and some poignancy and exploration of second chances and events moulding life that would have really made this the book it was meant to be/could have been.
 
But then again I could be completely wrong.
 
Anyway.....the story of Lorna's life was good, the heaven stuff was alright but it lacked a bit of welly.
 
Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment