About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Monday 24 September 2018

Review: The Vanishing Season

Publisher: Titan Books
 
 
We are with Ellie, she's had a horrific past but now she's a cop in a small town, where seemingly nothing ever happens. Seemingly, as something has been going on for the last three years and she's determined to get to the bottom of it.
 
 
So, yeah, the plot is decent, the page turner fuel is definitely there too for this book. It's grim, it drip feeds you key facts about the past and about what's going on now. And Ellie and Reed are decent characters. Ellie is your stereotypical angsty but tough yet at the same time vulnerable lead female and Reed is your standard hero with a fatal flaw....it's kinda all you would expect from this genre and book.
 
I did guess who the baddie was VERY early on, but this didn't ruin the book for me, I just enjoyed seeing how and why the baddie did what the baddie did and how it developed in to the finale.
 
Have a read if you like crime and thrillers
 
BG 

No comments:

Post a Comment