About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Review: Hold the Dark

Publisher: No Exit Press
 
 
I will warn you, this book is dark. It starts off in a dark place, mentally, physically and emotionally, but this just gets worse and worse and more and more intense. It's oppressive and claustrophobic, but god is it good!
 
This is a book that will suck you in, as you believe one thing, it will suck you in as you love or hare a particular character, but then, it will toy with you, chew you up, spit you out and challenge all you have thought about the plot, the people, their actions, their past and their future! OH MY GOD THIS IS A STONKING BOOK.
 

I have had it on my shelf for a while, as the blurb makes it seem a bit tedious, a kid is taken by a wolf and a wolf expert comes along to help conclude what exactly happened. Don't let this fool you! This is a deep, dark, and brutal novel which is fantastically written. There is blood, gore, and eloquence, there is love, passion, deceit and trickery, there is everything you could need in a truly epic read.

READ THIS BOOK

Happy Reading

BG

No comments:

Post a Comment