About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Thursday 17 March 2016

Review: In her wake

Publisher: Orenda
 
 
I thoroughly loved The Judas Scar by AJ, as did Boy Geek when he read it a few months ago (yes he's behind the times I know) so was thrilled to bits to get this book from Orenda! YAY.
 
So, Bella is the main character, her mother dies and basically all hell breaks loose and life goes a bit tits (to say the least).
 
I'm going to start with Bella, for a lead character, I really didn't like her. I found her irritating, needy, desperate and a bit of a bitch. But at the same time I could see why she was like she was, I think after trauma such as she experiences I would be selfish and needy and a bit more mental than I am too.
 
Now Henry, all I will say is stick with him, just do it!
 
I really enjoyed the style, I enjoyed the present and the past, I enjoyed the fact that slowly but surely you were allowed to become party to the whole story. I will say that the beginning was a tad predictable, but that changed wonderfully and you were tossed and turned around constantly.
 
I really don't want to say too much more about this book as I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. This book is haunting and lingering it tips you to the edge of horror, madness, disgust and back. It's worth every page turn so do it!
 
Happy Reading
 
BG
 


1 comment: