About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 19 August 2016

Review: Lucy Lockheart - The Awakening

Publisher: Thomas Hamilton and Co
 
So, my oldest and dearest friend presented me with this book when she came to visit over my birthday. She also had a great story linked to it, but I won't tell it here.....I do not wish to get in to trouble ;-p
 
So, we meet Lucy who has just woken up from a coma but, she doesn't appear to be Lucy anymore, or at least not just Lucy anymore.
 
I defos think this book is more of a YA novel than one just for adults. It has a more 'tame' tone to it that would make it perfect for the younger audience, but it's also an easy read for adults so why not...as always there is a cross over these days and I say it needs to carry on.
 
Anyway....I thought the bulk of the book was alright. I was intrigued, I was drawn in enough to keep turning pages, but the ending of the book really did seem rushed. There were pages and pages of build up and description and background, but when the final hurrah arrived, it really was very very rushed and that was a bit of a disappointment.
 
Also, I think this book not only needed better proof reading but it needed better editing as it did lack a certain something and read VERY oddly in places.
 
 
Thanks
 
BG


No comments:

Post a Comment