About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Friday 16 December 2011

Stephen Versus Edna

Hey one and all

I'm sure you are all aware of Mr Stephen Fry, however, it may be news to you that there is one very special lady in his life, Mrs Edna Constance Bathsheba Fry.

Stephen Fry is the world renowned actor, screenwriter, author, playwright, journalist, author, poet, film director, tweeter,etc, etc, etc! I'm sure you all know him, love him or hate him. He's written some fantastic fiction including 'The Liar', 'Making History' and 'The Stars' Tennis Balls.' I have read four of his fiction books so was very excited to hear about the release of 'The Fry Chronicles' an autobiography and continuation from his autobiographical book 'Moab is my Washpot'. Sadly, it wasn't quite what I expected...

Mrs Stephen Fry is an author, mother, blogger and tweeter as well as a chef extraordinaire. She is the author of 'Mrs Fry's Diary', a narration of her life with Mr Fry and their numerous children. She is now in the process of writing 'How to Have an Almost Perfect Marriage' which is going to be a how to guide on courtship from the hunt to the union and beyond. I'm thoroughly looking forward to its release!

I read both of the above this year and I had high expectations! But alas, one let me down....here is a brief look at them both.

Mrs Fry's Diary - Mrs Stephen Fry
Paperback: £7.99
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton




From the second I opened this book until the second I closed it, I enjoyed every word! I couldn't put it down! Mrs Fry is a blast. Her recipes are mind boggling! You get a view of the life you never thought Mr Fry led. He is always so debonair, sophisticated and charming...in public anyway. If you want a rollicking good read and a bit of an eye opener then buy this book.....NOW!!!


The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry
Paperback: £8.99
Publisher: Penguin



Oh Mr Fry, Mr Fry, Mr Fry, Mr Fry! I had such high hopes for this book and I was so excited to commence reading it. Yet, I'm afraid I felt most let down by it! Until Fry left University I found it to be nothing but self indulgent name dropping. I'm very sorry to have to say that, you have no idea how sorry! After he departed Uni it did change somewhat and I started to enjoy it more, but it was still tainted by that first section. I do hope he decides to write another part and I will of course read it, after all, Mr Fry I am one of your biggest fans and think Edna is a very lucky lady!

Happy Reading

Book Geek
x

No comments:

Post a Comment