About Me

My photo
I read a lot of books and I write about them on here. Mummy Geek is sometimes a guest blogger....people seem to love her.....Oh and you can find me on Twitter.....@book_geek_says. Shortlisted for Blog of the Year by the 2015 Love Stories Awards...THANK YOU!!

Sunday 4 March 2012

Part 4: Best Books??

Hello!

I've compiled all my data and here goes:

Out of the 53 people who aided me in my quest, 198 DIFFERENT books were included in people's top 5s.

Out of the 198 different books the top 5 were:
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald - 7 votes
To Kill A Mocking Bird - Harper Lee - 7 votes
Catcher In The Rye - JD Salinger - 4 votes
The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger - 3 votes
There are 12 in joint 5th place with 2 votes!!! CRAZY!!

They are:
The Library Book - it has several authors
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
His Dark Materials - Phillip Pullman
Beloved - Toni Morrison
Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde
Perks of Being a Wall Flower - Stephen Chbosky
Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
Game of Thrones - George RR Martin
Five Quarter's of the Orange - Joanne Harris
We Need to Talk About Kevin - Lionel Shriver
The Old Man and the Sea - Ernest Hemmingway
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

There obviously seems to be a large lack of similar taste in books among the reading people of Twitter and the blog-verse, so, why oh why, oh why are these top lists all the same, if there at all!!!!

HMMMMMMM

By the way, here are my top 5 books!
@Book_Geek_Says
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer - Patrick Suskind
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
Oleanna - David Mamet
White Noise - Don DeLillo
Roots - Alex Hayley

My lists of thanks will follow

Happy Reading

Book Geek
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment